There are many various ways that meditation can impact and improve our lives.
Here are a few of the key ways that a daily meditation practice can begin to help and benefit your life and wellbeing.
- Reduces Stress
- Controls Anxiety
- Promotes emotional health
- Enhances self-awareness
- Lengthens attention span
- can generate kindness
- may help fight addictions
Although, the benefits of meditation are truly endless and adaptive to each individual and their needs.
You can adjust your meditation practice to suit your end result and personal life goals.
This shows that there are also a string of various ways you can meditate that will also align what is best suited to the individual.
Ways To Meditate:
- Guided Meditation: you’re guided through the steps and stages of the meditation
- Non Guided: you determine the pace and control of the meditation
- Calming: breath focus, mantra, object focus, physical sensation focus
- Insight: Involves setting an intention and focusing on breath and physical/mental sensations that arise
- Focused: Paying attention to your breathing. When the mind wanders, return to your breath
- Body Scan: Transfer focus from the head all the way down to the toes. Taking each physical sensation along the way.
- Noting: While relaxed, simply note where the mind wanders and restore awareness. Give the thought space.
- Visualisation: Where you replace the focus of breath with a mental image.
The type of meditation, the length, the intention behind it will all vary to your needs, meditation style and preferences.
A good method is to begin with why you would like to meditate [stress relief, self care, insomnia, etc] and set this as your intention. Then, go with a style that you feel most comfortable with.
If sitting with your eyes closed stirs too much anxiety, then perhaps candle or focus meditation is best. Lastly, how long can you allocate, or better yet, how long can you allocate without losing focus, getting bored or it becoming a chore?
- Set the intention [purpose] for the meditation
- select a style
- set the duration
You can adjust any meditation to yourself, your needs, or your clients needs. Another great resource is all of the meditations that have been made available via different creators online.
YouTube has an array of different meditation styles, for different purposes and at all varied durations.
Type your needs into a search and you may find yourself amazed at what shows up.
Our mission is to bring our extraordinarily gifted members of our team, to you in the comfort of your home, both via the phone and TV. No matter what it is that you are searching for, whether it be some spiritual counselling, spiritual inspiration, a warm friend on the other end of the phone, answers to some of life’s most serious questions, or you find yourself in an emotionally stressful life changing situation, we are here, 24/7 365 days of the year for you. We will always provide you with the most authentic, genuine, personally tailored information, all undertaken within our company code of ethics, and each and every call is private and confidential. PTVAustralia services Australia, New Zealand, and the United States.
Find us on Facebook